JAM UX Design
I use goal directed design principles to formulate a complete UX strategy, taking the guesswork out of building a great user experience. I approach UX design from an “inside out” perspective. Utilizing proven qualitative research methods, I am able to discern use patterns and gain deeper insights into user goals.
Read more about the goal-directed design process as articulated by its founder, Alan Cooper.
The work I do
The work I do involves a variety of design skills ranging from low-fidelity mock ups and wireframes to fully interactive prototypes for usability testing and stakeholder review. Great UX is built on a foundation of solid research. My UX work includes:
- Interviews with product owners and project stakeholders
- Competitive analysis reports
- Contextual interviews with primary targeted users
- Low fidelity wireframing
- Interactive prototypes for usability testing
- Articulating business goals and technical requirements
- Visual design
- User journey and experience mapping
A sample of three case studies that cover some problematic UX issues.
Personas provide a reference point to design for primary, secondary, and tertiary users.
Multiple examples of web and mobile app wires and prototypes – both consumer and commercial.