The challenge was to translate the Customer Management section on the website to a mobile format.
Who does the Customer Management Serve?
The Customer Management’s primary user is an independent insurance agent that sells and manages Stillwater Insurance policies.
Contextual Interview Findings
- Agents really liked the customer mgmt search function
- Advanced search features are nice to have, not need to have
- Created interactive prototypes to test design with several agents and regional sales managers
- Tests resulted in the decision to eliminate the advanced search function for mobile
- Through conducting contextual interviews with agents, RSMs, and product owner(s) I developed a set of Personas to guide design
The Agent Portal web application has a Customer Management section that allows the agent to see policies at-a-glance and the provides the agent the ability to refine their view by enhanced search function. The majority of agents initiate a quote via the Start a Quote feature on the Agent Portal dashboard. The Customer Management section does provide the ability to start quotes, but through observation and interviews I discovered the overwhelming majority of agents did not start quotes in the CM section.
1 – Enter Search Criteria
Agent can refine display by searching by Policy/Quote #, Client name and/or Address
2 – Display Results
The search results with option to clear and return to default display
1 – Expanded View
Tapping the policy link will expand to a detail view
2 – Drop List
Provide secondary navigation functions for policy – these are in Action column in the Agent Portal web app
3 – Sorting
Agent can sort by tapping Name, Policy/Quote or State